DRESS FOR SUCCESS
Los Alisos Middle School strongly believes that proper uniform attire contributes to the success of all students by promoting safety, a sense of pride and distinction. It is expected that ALL students at LAMS maintain a neat, clean, and appropriate appearance. A student’s dress and general appearance should not draw undue attention, nor interfere with the learning process or the discipline in the school.
To eliminate misunderstandings regarding the dress code, the following dress standards will be enforced:
● Clothing must be of appropriate sized and proportionate per individual. Pants must fit and be worn at waist, they may not be taken in, cut off, stapled, or taped. Pants must not sag.
● (no oversized shirts or jeans.; no pants, skirts, or dresses that are too tight). If tights or leggings are to be worn, they must be worn under a skirt, dress or shorts.
● Revealing or tight clothing is not permitted. This includes low cut tops, tops with spaghetti straps, muscle shirts, or clothes that reveal midriffs or exposed undergarments. This includes low cut or hip hugger pants or jeans.
● Necklines should not show cleavage.
● No clothing with holes, slits or splits in clothes.
● Bandanas, sunglasses, and hoods, hats, and beanies are not allowed.
● No drawing on clothing or skin with markers.
● No excessive makeup or jewelry, including face piercing (eyebrows, nose, lower lip, and/or tongue). Hoop earrings may not be more than one inch in diameter.
● No clothing with any printing of words, pictures or numbers that represent or appear to represent gangs, tagging crews, violence, vulgarities, obscenities, illegal objects or activities.
● Long shorts with knee-high socks are not to be worn.
● Shorts should be no longer than two inches below the knee.
● Skirts and shorts must extend below the fingertips when arms are at the side.
● Professional Sport Team Jerseys and hats are not to be worn.
● All belts must be worn with belt loops.
Students who violate the dress code will be subject to disciplinary consequences. Students will either be asked to wear other school-issued garments or parent/guardian will be asked to bring an appropriate change of clothes. Continued violations could result in further disciplinary action, including administrative detention and/or suspension.