Attention Future Lobos!
We are excited for you to join the Los Alisos Middle School family!
Are you a 5th grader, middle school student, or parent of one who is interested in attending Los Alisos next year? If so keep reading to learn more about some important events that are coming up. We are excited to share information about all that we have to offer!
Are you interested in joining the Los Alisos family next year? There are so many reasons to be a Lobo! Here are just a few:
- At Los Alisos, college is a not a dream, it’s a plan! We are committed to making sure students have the skills to succeed in high school and beyond.
- Did you know that some of the highest paying jobs you can get after college are engineering jobs? That is why we offer the most STEM classes around. We offer Design & Modeling, Introduction to Robotics, Automation & Robotics, Energy and the Environment, Science of Technology, Flight & Space, Magic of Electrons, Introduction to Computer Science, & Medical Detectives! Click here for course descriptions.
- We are a California Gold Ribbon School! We received this honor for our amazing STEM program.
- We received the Title I Academic Achievement award for raising the achievement levels of our students.
- We have an amazing music program! We offer 3 levels of band, guitar, steel pans, choir, & orchestra,
- Our robotics team won the Lego Mesa robotics competition at USC!
- In the last year of similar school rankings, we were 10 out of 10!
- If your student is fluent in Spanish, we offer a dual language program. In this program, students take half of their core academic classes in Spanish.
Sound good!?! If so, Los Alisos will be hosting two very important events in January:
- 5th Grade Parent Night - Wednesday, January 18th – 6:00 pm: All parents are welcome to attend this informational meeting. Parents will have an opportunity to learn about the programs offered at Los Alisos. They will have an opportunity to meet some of the teachers and the principal. More importantly, parents will have an opportunity to ask questions.
- 5th Grade Visitation Day - Wednesday, January 18th: All 5th graders who live within the Los Alisos MS attendance boundaries will visit our school for most of the day. 5th graders will meet with teachers, counselors, administrators and staff, take a tour of the campus, and meet up with current Lobo students. They will learn about Los Alisos and the programs we offer. Parents are welcome to attend as well.
If you do not live within Los Alisos Middle School’s attendance boundaries, but would like to be a part of the Lobo family next year, you will need to go through the Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District's Open Enrollment process. A letter explaining the process as well as the open enrollment application is included to the right. The deadline to submit Open Enrollment paperwork is January 29, 2016. If you live within Los Alisos's attendance boundaries, you do not have to go through this process. If you are unsure whether you live within our boundaries or not, you can contact us at (562) 210-3495.
- January 9-31, 2017: Open Enrollment Applications due to district office before 4:00pm on January 31.
- January 10, 2017: Magnet Applications Available in Los Alisos front office or at losalisosmiddle.org
- January 12, 2017: Middle School Magnet Expo at Excelsior High School 6:00pm-8:00pm.
- January 18, 2017: 5th grade students will visit Los Alisos.
- January 18, 2017: Parents Orientation Night at 6:00pm
For more information, please contact Los Alisos Middle School at (562) 2103-495